Barrett.—Rev. Tufnell Samuel Barrett, M.A., J.P., Teversall Rectory, Notts; son of Tufnell C. Barrett, Court Lodge, Kent; born at Shorne, Kent; educated at Christ Church, Oxford; M.A.Oxon. Justice of the Peace for Kent; formerly Curate, St. John the Baptist and St. Nicholas, Hereford, 1857-58; Perpetual Curate, Rusland, Lancashire, 1858-60; late Chaplain to Sir James Ramsden, High Sheriff of Lancashire, 1873; first Vicar of St. George's, Barrow-in-Furness, Lancashire, 1861-79; upon his appointment the population was about 2800; when he left, it had reached over 50,000; determined to thoroughly understand the heterogeneous population growing around him, he studied and took his masters' certificate in common with Lord Brassey, and other well known yachting men in the mercantile navy; was one of the prime movers in founding the Barrow-in-Furness Hospital, which, from a small beginning, has developed into a most important and useful institution in the district. Commencing with one church in 1861, he left Barrow in 1879, leaving five churches, four of which were opened on the same day by four different prelates. On leaving he retired to his own estate, Shorne, Kent; in 1887 he was offered the living of Teversall by the late Earl of Carnarvon, which he accepted. Married Louisa, the daughter of the late Frederick Cowper, D.L., and J.P. for Westmoreland and Cumberland, of Carleton Hall, Penrith, Cumberland; has three sons in holy orders, the present Vicar of Belper, Derbyshire, the Vicar of Stainforth, Yorks, and the Curate of Teversall, Notts.
Douglas.—Rev. Philip Henry Douglas, M.A., Thrumpton Hall, Thrumpton, Notts; educated at Durham University. Vicar of All Saints Parish Church, Thrumpton; Rural Dean of West Bingham. Married Lady Byron, of Thrumpton Hall, Lady of the Manor.
Ferris.—Rev. Thomas Boys Barraclough Ferris, M.A., St. Matthew's Vicarage, Upper Talbot Street, Nottingham; son of Thomas Boys Ferris, late Rector of Guiseley, near Leeds; born in Leeds, 1845; educated at St. Peter's School, York; late University Mathematical Scholar and Foundation Scholar; a Fellow of Durham University; B.A., 1868, 1st Class Mathematical Honours; M.A., 1872. Curate of St. Helen's, York, 1868-70; Assistant Master, St. Peter's School, York, 1867-78; Curate of St. Michael-le-Belfrey, York, 1877-78; Vicar of St. Thomas, York, 1878-83; Vicar of St. Matthew's, Nottingham, since 1883; Hon. Canon of Southwell since 1897; Surrogate, 1885; formerly member of Nottingham School Board and Church School Board; Hon. Secretary of Nottingham Spiritual Aid and Church Extension Fund, and Nottingham Clerical Ruridecanal Conference; Vice-Chairman of Midland Orphanage; member of Committee of Midland Blind Institution, Chaucer Street House of Refuge, and, till lately, of Gordon Home; P.P.G.C. and P.P.G.S.W. of Nottinghamshire (Masonic); till lately, and since 1885, Secretary of Nottingham Church of England Sunday School Association.
Ffoulkes.—Rev. Henry William Wynne Ffoulkes, M.A., Clifton Rectory, Nottingham; son of William Wynne Ffoulkes, late Judge of County Courts; born at Eccleston, Chester, August 20th, 1855; educated at Magdalen College School, Oxford, and Trinity College, Oxford: B.A., 1880; M.A., 1885; ordained in 1886 and licensed to the curacy of St. John's, Darlington; curate of St. Mary's, Nottingham, Christmas, 1886, to Easter, 1891: institute drector of Clifton-cum-Glapton, April 12th, 1891; Secretary of the Nottingham Church Schools Association since 1899. Married, in 1881, Louisa Florence, eldest daughter of Charles Jeffreys, Esq., of Glan Dyfi Castle, Cardiganshire.
Gray.—Rev. Charles Gray, The Rectory, West Retford, Notts; son of William Gray, solicitor; born at York in 1832; educated at St. Peter's School, York, and Trinity College, Cambridge; 9th Wrangler, 1855; Fellow of the College, 1857; Assistant Tutor until 1866. Deacon, 1861 (title fellowship); priest, 1863; Vicar of East Retford, 1866, patrons for that turn being the University of Cambridge; Vicar of Blyth, 1875, patrons, Trinity College; in 1885, superintended important restoration of Blyth Church at a cost of £3500; Rural Dean, 1866-96; Rector of West Retford on the presentation of Sinclair Hood, 1896; Hon. Canon of Ely on appointment by Bishop Harold Browne, 1872; Canon of Southwell on appointment by the Bishop of Southwell, 1886.
Holbrook.—Rev. Percy Holbrook, M.A., Holy Trinity Vicarage, 22, Arboretum Street, Nottingham; son of Charles Holbrook, Eldon Square, Reading; born in Reading, 1859; educated at Reading School and Merton College, Oxford; M.A. (Oxon). Vicar of Holy Trinity, Nottingham, since 1892; formerly Curate of St. Mary, Islington, 1886-87; Parish Church, Huddersfield, 1887-88; Vicar of St. Mark's, Huddersfield, 1888-92; Chairman of the Nottingham Archidiaconal Committee of the C.E.T.S.; member of the Notts Church Day Schools Association; member of the Nottingham Church Schools Council; Chairman of the Southern District of the Nottingham Federation of Sunday School Teachers, etc.
Holden.—Rev. Robert Holden, M.A., Nuthall Rectory, Notts; son of the Rev. A. A. Holden, of Nuthall Temple; born in Spondon Vicarage, Derby, September 16th, 1853; educated at Trinity College, Cambridge; B.A., 1876; M.A., 1880. Rector of Nuthall, Notts; formerly Curate of the Parish Church, Sheffield; Curate of St. Thomas', Douglas, Isle of Man, and Chaplain to the Bishop of Sodor and Man; Rural Dean of Bulwell, 1886; Hon. Secretary and Treasurer to the Southwell Diocesan Council and Conference, 1890-1901; member of the Monthly Board and House Committee, and Chairman of the Nursing Committee, General Hospital, Nottingham; formerly, for several years, a member of the Basford Board of Guardians; Vice-Chairman of the Nuthall Parish Council from its first formation to the present time.
Robinson.—Rev. James Robinson, M.A., The Rectory, West Bridgford, Notts; son of John Robinson, of Preston, Lancashire; born in Preston, 1862; educated at Perse School, Cambridge, and St. Peter's College, Cambridge; B.A., 1884; M.A., 1894. Formerly Curate of West Kirby, Cheshire, 1885-87; Vicar of Fence-in-Pendle, 1887-94; instituted Rector of West Bridgford, 1894; the church dates from about the 12th century, and was restored and enlarged in 1898 at a cost of about £9000. Married, 1884, Alice, daughter of Charles Waddington, of Whalley, Lancashire.
Skelton.—Rev. Canon Thomas Skelton, B.D., The Rectory, Hickling, Nctts; educated at the City of London School, and Queens College, Cambridge; B.A., 1857; Sixth Wrangler, Fellow of Queens College, Cambridge; M.A., 1860; B.D., 1880. Clerk in holy orders from 1858. After the massacre of the missionaries of the Church of England at Delhi in the Indian Mutiny he went out, while still a Fellow of Queens College, Cambridge, as first restorer of the Delhi Mission; thence appointed to Bishop's College, Calcutta, as Professor, and eventually as Principal; after health failed in India filled posts in England, e.g., that of Lecturer at St. Augustine's College, Canterbury, first Principal of the Missionary College at Burgh, Lincolnshire, and Prebendary of Lincoln Cathedral; Rector of Hickling in the patronage of Queen's College, Cambridge, from 1883; Rural Dean of South Bingham from 1884; transferred from Lincoln Cathedral to the Canonry of Oxton, Prima Pars in Southwell Cathedral, 1885.
Slodden.—Rev. Henry T. Slodden, M.A., The Vicarage, Worksop; son of William Slodden and Charlotte, nee Saffery, of Churchfield Place, Margate, and 35, Beaumont Street, London, W.; born November 18th, 1842; educated privately and at Exeter College, Oxford; B.A. 1866; M.A. 1869. Vicar of Worksop, 1882; Rural Dean of Worksop, 1897; ordained deacon, 1866; priest, 1868; Curate of Colnbrook, Bucks, 1866-67; Witney, Oxon, 1867-69; Teddington, London, 1869-72; Curate-in-charge of Farnborough, Hants, 1872-74; Curate-in-charge of Ash, Surrey, 1874-82 Vicar of Worksop from 1882; Chaplain to J. Robinson, High Sheriff of Notts, 1901.
Stamper.—Rev. Henry John Stamper, The Vicarage, Skegby, near Mansfield; son of the Rev. John Geoffrey Henry Stamper, Vicar of Burbage, Buxton; born at Macclesfield, January 19th, 1855; educated at King Edward VI. Grammar School, Macclesfield, and Clare College, Cambridge; B.A. Vicar of Skegby since 1892; ordained deacon, 1879; priest, 1880, by the Bishop of Ripon; Curate of Thornhill Lees, 1879-81; Curate of Skegby, 1881-92.
Swann.—Rev. Thomas Wilson Swann, M.A., Orston Vicarage, Nottingham; son of the late William Swann, of Warwick House, Bedale, Yorks; born at Bedale, September 23rd, 1840; educated at Richmond School, Yorkshire, and at Caius College, Cambridge; M.A., Cambs. Vicar of Orston-cum-Thornton since 1873; twenty-six years Assistant Diocesan Inspector, Southwell: member of Bingham Rural District Council.
Thompson.—Reginald Ward Thompson, Burton Joyce Vicarage, Notts; son of Francis Thompson, of Kensington; born at Westminster, 1827; educated at St. Peter's Collegiate School, Eaton Square; Fellow-Commoner of Worcester College, Oxford, 1873; student of the Inner Temple, 1875; B.A., 1876; M.A., 1879; Assistant Chaplain of the Chapel Royal, Savoy, 1880; Vicar of Burton Joyce with Bulcote, 1883; Rural Dean of Gedling, 1893.
Thornley.—Rev. Alfred Thornley, M.A., The Vicarage, South Leverton, Notts; born near Preston, Lancashire, November 20th, 1855; educated at Manchester Grammar School, and Merton College, Oxford; B.A., 1879; M.A., 1880; Exhibitioner of Merton College; 1st Class Final Honours, School of Natural Science, 1879. Fellow of the Entomological Society of London, 1892; Fellow of the Linnasan Society, April 4th, 1895; President of the Nottingham Naturalists' Society, 1897-99; President of the Lincolnshire Naturalists' Union, 1900-1901; Consulting Entomologist and Lecturer to the Midland Dairy Institute, Kingston, Derby; formerly Curate of Kimberley, Notts, and St. Anne's, Nottingham; Vicar of South Leverton since 1885; member of the Southwell Diocesan Conference.
Weatherell.—Rev. Edmund Percy Weatherell, M.A., Old Hall, East Bridgford, Notts; son of the late Rev. R. Weatherell, M.A., of Elton Rectory, Nottingham; born at Elton Rectory, July 6th, 1853; educated at Sydney Sussex College, Cambridge; B.A., 1876; M.A., 1889. Rector of Elton, Notts, since 1883. Married Helena Joan, daughter of the late W. Mylne, of Loch Hill, East Lothian, Scotland.
Williams.—Rev. Walter Hanwell Williams, The Parsonage, Stanton Hill, Mansfield, Notts; second son of William Williams, of Wotton-under-Edge, Gloucestershire, and great-grandson of Admiral Hanwell; born at Teignmouth, Devon, August 26th, 1864; educated at the Grammar School, Teignmouth; Hatfield Hall, and Durham and Chichester Theological College. Ordained deacon, 1888; priest, 1889, by the Bishop of Southwell; Curate of St. Mary's Parish Church, Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts, 1888-89; Priest-in-Charge of St. Michael's, Sutton-in-Ashfield, 1889-92; Priest-in-Charge of All Saints', Stanton Hill, Skegby, till the present time. Married, in 1893, Frances Olive Lavinia, only surviving daughter of R. M. E. W. Dodsley, J.P., of The Hall, Skegby, and has issue one son.